Show Entries

Entered on: July 15, 2003 1:07 AM by John
Melissa and I will not be moving August 1st. The people living in the townhouse we were going to move into decided not to move out. So we are going to be moving into another townhouse on August 22nd. It looks like I'll be free for Tony's visit.

NEWS 76 - 7 Comments
From: Ross Entered on: July 15, 2003 7:24 AM
Well you may not be so gung ho to help Heather and I then, because we very well may be moving around that same time. Our sellers have from July 25 to August 25 to find their new place. So if they push it to the end, we'd both be moving around the same time. But that's okay because I'm pretty sure we have plenty people to help.
From: John Entered on: July 15, 2003 11:50 AM
I was afraid that would be the case. If it's possible I'll try to find a way to do both. If not I still want to come and visit to see your new place as soon as I can.  
I also wanted to mention that the townhouse we will be moving into is still an end unit. We could have moved on the 1st if we wanted a middle unit but we declined. Melissa and I prefer having our own front porch. The townhouse we are moving into has slider in the family room as well. The one we were moving into before did not. Melissa likes the idea of a walkout better because it will be easier for the kids to go in and out. So we are pretty happy with what we are getting however we wanted to get out of here sooner. It should be worth the wait though.
From: Swerb Entered on: July 15, 2003 1:39 PM
Let me reiterate, Ross, that I, too, am more than willing to help you move. Just let me know if you need it.  
Since we're all chatting about real estate, Stacy and I are going to talk to a realtor on Wed. We're kind of tired of throwing $750 away every month paying rent, and we should be able to afford a decent house for a similar payment. Further bulletins as events warrant...
From: Ross Entered on: July 15, 2003 1:52 PM
Sweet! I hope it works out well. I think mortgage rates have risen ever-so-slightly since I locked in at 5%, but I think you can still get a 5.5% which most people would kill for. I would think in GR you could get quite a nice house for $750/month. Just a matter of your down payment, but as places are willing to throw loans out with abandon these days, you can often get away with 10% down or even 5%.
From: Ross Entered on: July 16, 2003 12:28 PM
Well, my friends, I appear to be the last one to know the news, but it now turns out that the sellers of my future home will be moving out on our closing date of July 25. This means that I will have about 5 weeks to move, before August 31, the end of my lease. The cool thing is that we will be able to make lots of small leisurely moving trips in our cars during this time. It seems like at this point we will probably set our official moving day (for the big stuff) as August 9. That will be the day that we get the big truck and shit and anyone who wants to help, can. However, Swerb, I know you volunteered but if you and Stacy are still planning to come on the 16th for Navy Pier, I suggest just waiting till then - 2 driving trips 2 weeks in a row is more than you need to tolerate. And that way you guys can live it up in style in the new pad!
From: BigFatty Entered on: July 17, 2003 12:46 PM
Swerb - I'm going to be selling my condo shortly. Not sure if you and Stacy are considering those as well. I love condo living - no mowing, shovelling, or bullshit. You own it, like a house. If you want to take a look at it, just let me know. I'm going to try and sell it without realtors to save some cash.
From: Jackzilla Entered on: July 17, 2003 4:40 PM
Fatty - I wouldn't tell him about the crickets if I were you...

[Log In to Add Comment]

a division of

© 2003 Ross Johnson
RSS Feed